No Barriers

I seldom get the chance to talk to my friends and keep them up-to-date with what's going on with my life... well, this is it. My online journal. Yah, another personal blog,just exactly what the world needs now. Let's be realistic, it's cheaper than overseas calls. Less tiring than novel-like emails.

About Me

Name: celgee
Home: Philippines
About Me: just read through my entries and you'll get to know me :)
See my complete profile
Find me
Previous Entries
Repository
Friend Blogs
Family Blogs
Sunday, June 10, 2007
for one more day


"Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one wish you had back. What if you got it back?"
- Mitch Albom, For one more day

I got this book as a present from Jp last Saturday. I have been searching for this book for the past weeks, and everytime I tried to ask for it... same answer - "out of stock". Luckily, Jp was able to find it in time for my birthday. :) I started reading this book after my birthday (Yes, after my birthday, say around 12:30am June 10). My eyes got tired around 2am but I could not let go of the book, I am very much eager to figure out what will happen next.

The book became my "breakfast". I had to feed my desire to know what the lead character will do since he has been given the second chance. I already have a picture in my head of how the characters looked like, and there are moments that I would feel like picturing my lola or my nanay. It's another sentimental tear jerker from Mitch Albom, and compared to his other book "Tuesdays with Morrie", I liked this new one a bit more, maybe because of the personal experiences or instances in the story that hit me. I don't think it would be a bad idea to write about the "Times My Mother Stood Up For Me" and "Times I Did Not Stand Up For My Mother", just like what the lead character did in the
story. I am pretty sure that if I were write something like that, I would end up having a really long list of the times that my mom or dad stood up for me, compared to the times I did for them. I could really relate to the book (not that I tried to kill myself like the lead character… nah, that's not a spoiler.. that's just the beginning of the story), because of the things that Charley's mom did for him, that I sometimes tend to overlook or disregard since it has already been a habit or something that I have always assumed that my parents would do for me (spoiled?!? Yes, I am :( )

The book is about unconditional love, selflessness and forgiveness. I'd recommend For One More Day to those who would like to get in touch with their emotions. Well if you don’t feel like sulking and reminiscing about your relationship with your parents, this book is not for you. Some said the story line is a bit like "the five people you meet in heaven", maybe it's a good thing I haven't read that one yet. :)
posted by celgee @ Sunday, June 10, 2007  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Fast Talk
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER