No Barriers

I seldom get the chance to talk to my friends and keep them up-to-date with what's going on with my life... well, this is it. My online journal. Yah, another personal blog,just exactly what the world needs now. Let's be realistic, it's cheaper than overseas calls. Less tiring than novel-like emails.

About Me

Name: celgee
Home: Philippines
About Me: just read through my entries and you'll get to know me :)
See my complete profile
Find me
Previous Entries
Repository
Friend Blogs
Family Blogs
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Holiday getaway
9:30am, Mercure Hotel Frankurt Eschborn Sud Lobby. Steffen, Kirsten, Stephan and I met up for a tour in the nearby towns, vineyards and castles. Our first stop -- Rudesheim.

Stephan entered Rudesheim in his car's GPS, and after driving for several kms we found ourselves in a Rudesheim (not the one we all intended to go...there are 2 places called Rudesheim in Frankfurt hehehe)


We then crossed the Rhine river to Rudesheim.

I had a nice view of the beer gardens :), souvenir shops (yipee!!) and vineyards (my first time to see vineyards)...We then rode a cable car to get to the Niederwald Monument. A relaxing experience -- you'll get a good view of the Rhine Valley, a lovely place to visit, and a must see if you are in Germany. :)





We also went to the famous Loreley Rock. (Loreley Myth:, Loreley is blond siren on the rock who once lured sailors on the Rhine to their death with her beguiling song and mysterious beauty).

We went to the small towns and castles. We had lunch in a restaurant inside a castle. Everyone esp Steffen is anxious to eat. :) Unfortunately, it took some time for us to get seats. We also had to wait for around 30minutes to get our food and another 30minutes to get our 2nd round of drinks. The place, view and food is great... i just think that they are under staffed.


We drove out to another castle after lunch. More photo opportunities. :) We went up the castle and took more pictures (whew..I was already running out of air after several steps, I really need to do some exercise).

We had ice cream after the short hike. I tried out the Rhum Rumba ince cream (nope, I didn't turn red!)

When did I turn red? After the white wine tasting... we got to a wine place, where you could order different types of wine. I guess my taste is quite different, and I preferred the sweeter wines, and ending up finishing just the juice hehehehe.

Our last stop: The Australian Restaurant named Yours. Steffen and Stephan were teasing me because I didn't want to eat a kangaroo... I wasn't too excited to eat one. I am more interested in seeing or being with one. *wink*wink*

It was really FUN day!!!
posted by celgee @ Wednesday, May 02, 2007  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Fast Talk
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER