No Barriers

I seldom get the chance to talk to my friends and keep them up-to-date with what's going on with my life... well, this is it. My online journal. Yah, another personal blog,just exactly what the world needs now. Let's be realistic, it's cheaper than overseas calls. Less tiring than novel-like emails.

About Me

Name: celgee
Home: Philippines
About Me: just read through my entries and you'll get to know me :)
See my complete profile
Find me
Previous Entries
Repository
Friend Blogs
Family Blogs
Saturday, June 30, 2007
More than meets the eye...
I have never watched Transformers before, even when I was still a kid. I would usually just catch sight of it because I would be waiting for Carebears or Rainbow Brite in Channel 9 during my childhood days. When I first heard about the Transformers movie, I wasn't really anxious to see it. Jp even initially planned on watching it alone since he knew that I am not into it. So when I told Jp that I will watch it with him, he was very ecstatic.

Jp has been anticipating this day... and he has even been doing a countdown since last Tuesday. The movie Transformers was shown in cinemas here in Manila yesterday, June 28. I have QT21 calls in the evenings (8:30-10pm), and luckily, we don't have a call scheduled for tonight, so Jp and I have set Friday as his Transformers movie night.

Before I went to Trinoma, I met up with Giff to leave my binder. He even gave a spoiler about Bumblebee… I didn't get angry as I usually would had it been a different movie. How could I? I don't even know who or what Bumblebee is? :P

8:20pm. Jp and I were already in Trinoma, Cinema 3. I could really see the excitement in his eyes. He looked just like the other kids waiting in line to get inside the movie theater. I didn't want to pop his balloon or ruin the night by sharing the spoiler, as I know he really really likes the transformers a lot.

I don't think I have been a good seatmate, as I would keep on asking who the characters/robots were -- if they were good or bad or if it was the same in the cartoons. Good thing Jp was patient enough to explain them to me. The movie turned out to be good – actually, better than I have expected. I initially thought that I might get too bored or would not get to like it since I have never seen the cartoons before... or maybe I was too young to appreciate it then. I was really skeptical, only to find out that the 148 minutes I have spent watching it would turn out to be a really fun experience. I never really expected that I would like it. (It was like a quantum moment - infinite possibilities, listening to not knowing... it was a pleasant surprise.) Haha.

After the movie, Jp and I kept on imitating the sounds whenever the autobots would transform from cars to robots. On our way home, we continued our movie review and the crazy Q&A portion like:
- If you could have one autobot to guard you, who would you choose? (Mine is Bumblebee)

- Who would you think win if the autobots had a war with the carebears?
- Would you watch CareBears if they were to show it as a live-action flick? Like a Grizzly bear as Tender heart, a real lion for Brave heart. Haha. ;)
posted by celgee @ Saturday, June 30, 2007  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Fast Talk
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER