No Barriers

I seldom get the chance to talk to my friends and keep them up-to-date with what's going on with my life... well, this is it. My online journal. Yah, another personal blog,just exactly what the world needs now. Let's be realistic, it's cheaper than overseas calls. Less tiring than novel-like emails.

About Me

Name: celgee
Home: Philippines
About Me: just read through my entries and you'll get to know me :)
See my complete profile
Find me
Previous Entries
Repository
Friend Blogs
Family Blogs
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Birthday ni Attorney
I left work today around 8pm and met Jp at the Cybergate 2 lobby. Today's is his bestfriend's birthday, and there's a party!!!

Jhim has been Jp's friend since Grade School (I guess they have the same bond that Nina and I have), and he recently passed the board exams, and we can now officially affix the title "Atty." before his name.

When we got to Jhim's place, I was surprised to see a lot of people. Well, I thought it will only be us, +Manny, Kid, Glad, Percy and maybe his girlfriend who'd be in the inuman session. I later found out that it was also Mona's birthday (Jhim's younger sister).

People won't have a hard time telling if there's a party, esp with the gates wide open, tables & chairs in the garage and the karaoke system playing out loud. There were a lot of women/girls singing already, and Jp was teasing me that I might have to later fight for the microphone. Hehe. Most of the girls in the party are Mona's friends and colleagues, and one of them was teased to Jp before when they were still in High School. Well, I already knew about the whole story behind that Batangas Outing with Jp trying to be super-friendly-as-if-red-cross-member and helping one of the girls who got injuired. Hmmm... Well, I just joined the gang in teasing him with the girl (surprised?!?)... I know you're expecting that I'd get jealous or might suddenly just become quiet and later confront Jp about it... but I didn't. Why? He said it was nothing and I believe him plus the girl is already married and pregnant. (Hehehe...So I can't fully claim that I got rid of my green eye attitude 100% due to the second reason) ;)

Anyway, going back to my story - We had dinner inside their house, and later invaded the area where the karaoke system has been set-up. When we joined the table with the other guests, the singing stopped. It was like everyone lost their voice and became timid for a moment. No one from our end - Jhim, Glad (Jhim's girlfriend), Manny, Kid, Jp nor myself wanted to hold on to the mic. That gave them the cue that it's time to bring out the drinks - San Mig Lights and Gin-Pomelo Juice. Gladys and I had the GinPom, and as expected after a glass of it, my face was already red.

The fun thing about drinking GinPom is that, it just tastes like juice. The Pomelo juice hides the taste of the gin mixed to it (though there is still some mild after taste). One would just keep on drinking and drinking, and drinking..., only to later realize they have exceed their alcohol threshold. ;)

Gladys and I were already reviewing the list of songs, and I was telling her that she should sing first, and maybe dedicate something for Jhim. She selected the song, and we then all sang it - it was the Happy Birthday Song. Hehe. After that, she initiated the karaoke session. Gladys, Jhim, Manny and myself took turns in singing, and I think the other girls only got to sing 4 or 5 songs in between the 3hrs we had the microphone. Kid, as always, just endured our screeching voices (or maybe he just had some earplugs on). We also got Jp to sing a few songs, and even sang "Ice ice baby". He made me miss Amana when he sang that. She's the only person I know who could rap the entire song, while dancing to it.

After my third glass of GinPom, I was asked to stop (and then I sang, Stop by the Spice Girls) My face, arms and neck were already red and a bit itchy at that point. The singing still continued while the rest of gang finished up their beers and the ginpom. :)
posted by celgee @ Saturday, August 04, 2007  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Fast Talk
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER