No Barriers

I seldom get the chance to talk to my friends and keep them up-to-date with what's going on with my life... well, this is it. My online journal. Yah, another personal blog,just exactly what the world needs now. Let's be realistic, it's cheaper than overseas calls. Less tiring than novel-like emails.

About Me

Name: celgee
Home: Philippines
About Me: just read through my entries and you'll get to know me :)
See my complete profile
Find me
Previous Entries
Repository
Friend Blogs
Family Blogs
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
"Penny for your thoughts..."
Some people just seem to just see right through you. My mom does. Everyday we walk together to the tricycle station... and this morning, we had a post-valentine discussion:

Nanay: "Anong bigay sa yo ni Jp kahapon?" (fishing for info if we went out yesterday? hehe)
Cel: "Wala po."
Nanay: "Wala? Kahit rose, Valentines e. Buti pa dati nung college ka, may mga nagbibigay sa yo ng roses. "
Cel: "Me duty po sya. Di kami nagkita"
Nanay: "Kahit na."

I have already seen this coming, and I am not surprised if I did not get anything last night. We had a nice time last night, and pretty much did the things we enjoy doing. We had dinner, played in Timezone (House of the Dead) and watched a movie (Fun with Dick and Jane). Everything went fine, until I started telling him the story of how my teammate prepared for valentines and his efforts to make the day meaningful. That's when I realized that even if I have already prepared myself with something I should not be "surprised" of, deep down in my heart I know that I want something more. I do appreciate his efforts to see me today despite his NRES deadline. I know I should not have opened my mouth and ruined the night. Why am I like this? I know that I should not expect people to treat me the same way others do or the same way how I treat them, but I am just hoping that they put in some extra thought or make me feel that I have been thought of.
posted by celgee @ Wednesday, February 15, 2006  
5 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:31:00 PM, Blogger grouchy angel said…

    celgee, i've known you for how many years, almost 4? and ever since, you feel sad every valentines, because you are always expecting, and yet you knew that you won't be getting any. you just pointed out the problem. you know you should not compare yourself to others.

    girls getting flowers during valentines does not mean that they are well loved, or that they are in such a perfect relationship. i would even bet that there are couples or guys for the matter who do that for the sake of giving, and not because they really "felt" that their girl deserved it. his company last night is enough, even more than enough. i knew of other couples who didn't even go out last night.

    remember only media promoted valentines day. i know it's weird to see couples fleeting during this day,and see them ditching each other during other days. this is just one of the results of marketing and world idolatry to roses =)

    but seriously, you should feel lucky. i don't have a valentine, and i didn't feel someone was there for me yesterday. but that is Ok. i am bitter yes, but my point is, you should not be more bitter than me nyahaha.

    Oki? :) cheer up! let go of that ill feelings. these feelings, we don't need them. he didn't do any harm to you. he still loves you. =)

     
  • At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:14:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well said Yas! I think you've said it all. hehehe

     
  • At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:17:00 PM, Blogger celgee said…

    Thanks, Yas. I really enjoy reading your comments... becuase they always make sense. Yes, I do agree with the points you have raised, and I know that what I am complaining about should not really matter. But knowing that I am like this, (and celebrating it for the past 5 years) shouldn't that even give the person a hint to at least come up with something? :(

     
  • At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:37:00 PM, Blogger grouchy angel said…

    Celgee, I hate the statement "i do agree with the points you have raised". Has this been documented on the risk management spreadsheet? has this been escalated to the management ECT ECT!!!! NYAHAHAHAHAHA..... anyway, So if you are hinting him all this time, meaning you want him to belong to the "guys that give flowers just for the sake of giving". You know, the guys that would rather NOT give, if their GF will not make drama that day. since (1) roses are over-rated, over-priced during Valentines. AS IN... it's really not practical (2) di ka naman santo para alayan ng bulaklak everyday.

    I think you're making it too hard for him, and for yourself :) I mean, I know he gives you flowers once in a while. That is already enough. That is when he has the money. That is when he "felt" that he really wanted to give you those flowers.

    Otherwise, on valentines, being there is exactly what you need.

    May i ask you. What would you prefer? receiving flowers on valentines but not meeting him (coz he has a test) OR not receiving flowers but knowing that he spent effort to be with you even with other more important priorities (honest, diba? the studies is quite important really...)

    *bow*. Chill! dont feel bad over NOTHING, really. :) i will give you flowers next year.

    nyahahahha

    Mam Charo d Manga

     
  • At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:55:00 PM, Blogger celgee said…

    Dear Ate Charo,

    Wait... :) I do not have any issues with the flower stuff. I really don't like the idea of parading around the mall with a bouquet or a rose during valentines or on any day. I am just sad about not having anything or something that would remind me of the day. A letter or card would have really made my day. Something that I can keep. He said he was planning to give me a chocolate.. my favorite chocolate supposedly, but from our conversation he could not even remember what it was... Butterfinger? Baby Ruth? Nooooo... it's Three Musketeers for heaven's sake. :(

    With regards your question on what I would prefer, I would prefer the latter. HOWEVER, it would have been nice IF he thought of something, ok I won't push it, but it's not as if he got to that valentines is coming (or what ever ocassion it is) few hours ago. I don't know how I could tell him in a nice way that there are a few things that could be improved. (Areas for Improvement ba!) We've been together for more than 6years now, and we have always been like this every Christmas/Anniv
    /Valentines/Bday. :(

    Truly yours,
    Ms. Hopeless Romantic

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Fast Talk
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER