Ellen Page got nominated in this year's Acadamy Awards - Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role for the movie Juno. Plus, Juno also won several awards such as : - 2008 BAFTA Film Award - Best Screenplay - Original - Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards - Best Comedy Movie, Best Writer - 2007 Screen Actors Guild Awards - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role (Ellen Page)
Hmm... got me curious to see what the movie was about. I just heard it's about teenage pregnancy, so I looked it up. ;)
When a teenage girl is faced with an unexpected pregnancy, she enlists the aid of her best friend in finding the unborn child a suitable home in this coming-of-age comedy drama from Thank You for Smoking director Jason Reitman. Juno may seem wise beyond her years, but after sleeping with classmate Bleeker, the pregnant teen quickly realizes how little she really knows about life. Thankfully, Juno has been blessed with parents who trust their daughter's judgment, and a best friend named Leah, who's always willing to help out in a pinch. With a little help from Leah, Juno soon comes into contact with Mark and Vanessa -- an affluent suburban couple who have been unable to conceive a child of their own. Mark and Vanessa seem like they would make great parents, and are eager to adopt Juno's unborn child. Now, as adolescent Juno is faced with a series of very adult decisions, she will draw on the support of her family and friends in order to discover who she truly is, and discover that one bad choice can have a lifetime of consequences. ;)
Jp and I watched it, and found the movie entertaining - unique, sharp and witty . Juno MacGuff is a sarcastic, cynical, tomboyish teen. I love almost all of her lines. Thinking of it still makes me laugh. :)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Rollo: Well, well... If it isn't MacGuff the crime dog! Back for another test? Juno MacGuff: I think the last one was defective. The plus sign looked more like a division sign. I remain unconvinced. [Rollo pulls the bathroom key out of reach] Rollo: This is your third test today, Mama Bear. Your eggo is preggo, no doubt about it.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Leah: Yo Yo Yiggady Yo. Juno MacGuff: I'm at suicide risk. Leah: Juno? Juno MacGuff: No, it's Morgan Freeman. Do you have any bones that need collecting? Leah: Only the one in my pants... Juno MacGuff: I'm pregnant. Leah: What? Honest to blog? Juno MacGuff: Yeah. Yeah, it's Bleekers. Leah: It's probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch? Juno MacGuff: No, this is not a food baby all right? I've taken like three pregnancy tests, and I'm forshizz up the spout. Leah: How did you even generate enough pee for three pregnancy tests? That's amazing... Juno MacGuff: I don't know, I drank like, ten tons of Sunny D... Anyway dude, I'm telling you I'm pregnant and you're acting shockingly caviler. Leah: Is this for real? Like, for real for real? Juno MacGuff: Unfortunately, yes. Leah: Oh my GOD. Oh shit! Phuket, Thailand! Juno MacGuff: There we go. That was kind of the emotion that I was searching for on the first take.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Vanessa Loring: Your parents are probably wondering where you are. Juno MacGuff: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Vanessa Loring: You think you're really going to do this? Juno MacGuff: Yea, if I could just have the thing and give it to you now, I totally would. But I'm guessing it looks probably like a sea monkey right now and we should let it get a little cuter.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Juno MacGuff: Yeah, I'm a legend. You know, they call me the cautionary whale.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Juno MacGuff: As far as boyfriends go, Paulie Bleeker is totally boss. He is the cheese to my macaroni. |