I seldom get the chance to talk to my friends and keep them up-to-date with what's going on with my life...
well, this is it. My online journal. Yah, another personal blog,just exactly what the world needs now. Let's be realistic, it's cheaper than overseas calls. Less tiring than novel-like emails.
About Me
Name: celgee Home: Philippines About Me: just read through my entries and you'll get to know me :) See my complete profile
Nina has been my bestfriend since Grade 3. Yup, 16 years have passed and I feel so lucky to have a great friend like her. She is getting married to her first (and only) boyfriend of 7 years. And today, the much awaited Bridal shower, that I helped organize is about to happen.
We started the night by heading to Music 21. Our other 'ka-barkada' from High School and Nina's sister joined us while we sang our hearts out... trying so hard to let the rain pour down. Hehehe... After everyone has rendered their heartfelt song numbers, we started the gift giving. Everyone brought their little token/gifts that our dear friend would need for their first night. :) It was soooo fun. Seeing all their reactions while each person explained the gift they bought and how they bought. Yup, it was not easy. Since some of my friends are still single (since birth), it was a bit awkward to buy those stuff. Hehe.. Like one my friends bought a sex book (with all the pictures and instructions on how to do the different positions), she was sooo ashamed that she had to carry the book and wait in line esp. with an old lady waiting in line behind her. Ha-ha-ha. :) Some gave G-string, thongs, lingerie and KY Jelly. And my gift? How can I explain it here? It was called "Lord of the Rings 2". According to the instructions in the box, it is something that her husband needs to put on... Ok? Not clear? Just go look for it in Greenhills. :) (Special thanks to Pat and Jp for helping me look for that crazy gift).
After the laughing and gift-giving, it was time for the real deal. The last stop for our party... the name of the bar is Gigolo. (Sorry, I don't have pictures from that place haha... not allowed). When we arrived there, we were all giggling and pushing each other to enter the place, as if we were entering a horror house. It was sooo comforting to hear from the bouncer that there were also other women inside the bar. Whew! :) It was our first time to enter a bar like that... When we got in, we immediately noticed the sofa bed. Yup, all the guests were seated in a sofa. Maybe because they want us to focus on the show?!? It wasn't easy watching the performers on the stage strip off their clothes. Oh my! I think during the first 15 minutes that we were in there, my attention was just in my cellphone...texting my friends and Jp. My friends and I, esp. the bride, were just teasing each other. I guess it will never be easy to feel at ease with what is happening on that stage. But it did help that we were just critizing the way the guys danced and their boots. Yup.. it was funny that almost all of them were wearing boots. And there was one point that it was the only thing left...I think.(?) We left after that. I don't think we'd last any longer... Hehe. :)